About the Programme :
A one-of-a-kind programme, PGCM-Business Analytics, offered by the Institute of Insurance and Risk Management, is open to any graduate who is keen on pursuing a career in the field of analytics. Analytics is being applied widely across many industries such as Insurance, Banking and Finance, Marketing, HR, and Risk Management. The course is designed to help students understand analytics from a management perspective. Students will be trained starting with Statistics to working hands-on with Machine Learning models using the world’s most popular and powerful programming language.
PGCM –Business Analytics course is approved by the AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi).
The course is designed to prepare students for a career in Analytics and to upskill professionals already working in this field by expanding their capabilities. It is based on industry input and provides for (a) the basics of management with an emphasis on mastering data analytical techniques and (b) experiential learning.
In particular, it:
- Prepares students in understanding Analytics by acquainting them with relevant concepts from Mathematics, Statistics and Information Technology.
- Trains them in the use of various Analytical Tools.
- Facilitates an insightful understanding of the role of Analytics in the current scenario.
- Helps them develop innovative strategies for marketing various products using Analytics.
- Provides for training by expert faculty with good teaching and industry experience.
- Offers placement assistance.
- Microsoft Excel
- Big Data
- Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Environment
- Domain Exposure
- Any graduate with knowledge of high school Mathematics/Statistics can apply.
- Students writing their final exams can also apply.
- Admissions will be based on a personal interview.
- Knowledge of Mathematics/Statistics and coding will be an added advantage not mandatory, the basics required for the course will be taught by the faculty.