The PGCM courses in Investment Planning & Life Insurance, General Insurance and Risk Management are being offered by the Institute from its inception. The course is of one-year duration with two semesters. The course is ideal for graduates from any discipline who want to make their career in insurance and related areas in the middle level managerial positions with a decent salary package.
Getting into IIRM
IIRM follows the strictest of admission procedures based on well accepted National Tests and the academic credentials of the prospective students.
- Investment Planning & Life Insurance
- General Insurance
- Risk Management
- PGD is accredited by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), New Delhi.
- IRDAI, Hyderabad has recognized IIRM’s PGD Courses (Insurance and Risk Management) to be on par with Fellowship of III, Mumbai, as a suitable qualification for placement in the insurance sector.
- The Institute of Risk Management (IRM), London will accept PGDRM diploma holders for direct entry to the grade of Certificate of IRM (CIRM) on complying with their formalities.
- The successful holders of IIRM’s PGD (Insurance and Risk Management) Diploma are entitled for 220 credits out of 250 from Insurance Institute of India (III), Mumbai for their Associateship qualification.
- SBI Life Insurance Company Ltd has instituted an annual Merit Prize of Rs.1,00,000/- to the student scoring overall highest marks in the Institute’s PGDI / PGDRM exams. A gold medal will also be awarded to the winner
- CII, London, have also instituted a scholarship of £ 1000 to the student qualifying first as an Associate in the batch within one year of completing the course
- Apart from the above three awards, IIRM also gives cash prizes to meritorious students
- Graduate in any discipline including Engineering / MBA from any recognized University (with a minimum of 50% marks) or candidates with professional qualification like CA, ICWAI, CS etc.
- Those having PG Qualification with 50% or more marks will be considered even if such candidates secure less than 50% in graduation.
- Candidates appearing for the final year examinations can also apply for provisional admission.