PGDM is a flagship program of IIRM recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
Getting into IIRM
IIRM follows the strictest of admission procedures based on well accepted National Tests and the academic credentials of the prospective students.
- The Course is spread over four semesters and as Approved by AICTE
- During the First year the focus is on general management subjects
- In the second-year students can opt from an array of specializations to further their knowledge in areas of their interest
- The institute facilitates internships which provides opportunity for practical insights
- The course is designed to reinvent future of education, entrepreneurship and leadership
- IIRM has a strong Academic Governing Council which consists of Experts/CEOs
- The curriculum is regularly updated to meet dynamic needs of the industry and academic world
- It encourages creativity, inquisitiveness and responsibility for continuous development
- Imparts in depth knowledge and understanding of selected subjects
- Integration of courseware with strong IT platform
Financial ServicesStudents of Financial Services specialization will be equipped with practical and theoretical advances in finance, statistics, and economics to advance their careers on the path to fast growing sectors of Finance, Banking, Insurance and Consulting, etc.
FinanceIt is for those who aspire to benefit from a better understanding of how the financial side of the business operates. The subjects incorporated take a totally realistic look into the broad aspects of financial management and relates theories, tools, and techniques to practical aspects for the student. It prepares the students for a career in a broad range of sectors including financial management, investment banking, and equity trading.
Business AnalyticsThis specialization is a field of data analysis. It involves studying past historical data to research potential trends, to analyze the effects of certain decisions or events, or to evaluate the performance of a given tool or scenario. This data, when captured, formatted, manipulated, stored and analyzed can help a company to gain useful insight to increase revenues, get or retain customers and improve operations.
Actuarial ScienceActuaries evaluate and manage financial risks, particularly in the financial services industry. If you are good at mathematics, enjoy problem-solving and are interested in financial matters, you should enjoy studying actuarial science. It is the discipline that applies Mathematical and Statistical methods to assess risk in Financial industries. Actuaries are trained professionals who analyse the financial consequences of risk. They use Mathematics, Statistics, and Financial theory to provide advice and solutions for business and societal issues.
Risk ManagementIt involves understanding, analysing and addressing risk to make sure organizations are adequately hedged to reach their objectives. It prepares the students for a career in investment banks, financial and management consultancies, auditing firms, risk management departments of financial institutions and government departments.
InsuranceThe students are given a comprehensive understanding of the world insurance industry with inputs on managerial abilities. This specialization is a blend of domain knowledge and managerial skills. Courses of Insurance & Risk Management are accredited by CII, London. Students opting for these Specializations are eligible to obtain Dip CII and ACII qualifications on taking few more examinations.
MarketingMarketing is a fascinating area to study and an integral function of most organisations. It involves research, strategic planning, brand and consumer analysis, and digital communication. The students here experience various subjects like Consumer Behaviour, International Marketing and Research, Brand Management, providing them with a universal view of Marketing. This specialization helps students of this stream to make effective Marketing decisions in various areas of Strategy framing, Advertising, Branding, etc.
Human Resource Management (HRM)The attraction, retention and development of high-calibre people are a source of competitive advantage for organisations today and are the responsibility of human resource professionals. Students who opt this specialization manage the human capital of an organization with an emphasis on implementing policies and processes. The areas of specializations include Recruitment, Training & Development, Employee Benefits, Compensation Management etc.HR professionals can also work in the areas of Labour & Industrial relations. Human resource management is the centre of business performance and a critical partner for organisational success.
Health InsuranceHealth Insurance is a way to pay for health care. It is a promise to encounter the eventualities of health care expenditures. The objective is to offer safeguards against any financial losses triggered by uncertain health issues and at the same time dismissing anxiety and mental pressure. Hence it can be appropriately called Health care Insurance and it requires many professionals to meet the huge demand of the Insurance sector.
- Graduates in any discipline with CAT/MAT/XAT/GMAT/ATMA/CMAT/CETs of local governments of other states, scores can apply
- Candidates who have passed AMIE or equivalent examinations and students writing their final exams can also apply
- Admission will be based on test scores and personal interview